Monday, August 19, 2013

MEGS GARDEN AND CSI case file #85

Stacks of happy Hues  
Hello everyone , I am back with you again after being away on a short break from 
 I’ve certainly missed creating with these glorious papers .
Today I am showcasing a card with stacked embellishments ..Denise has designed these papers  to blend and flow together perfectly .





Process
1. My base is a deep purple cardstock which I cut into 12” x 6” and folded in half .
2. Cut another piece of cardstock slightly smaller than 6” x 6” , to create my front cover. 
3. I adhered the Christmas paper to the card and stitched around the edge .
4. Beginning with a Tim Holtz Die cut I mounted that onto my base piece. I used various Sizzix dies and began layering them . I included some cardstock to bring out the richness in the papers along with kraft  for contrast .
5. I completed my cluster with a bloom and two leaves .
6. The inside is embellished with a border punched piece on the left side and some washi tape on the right. Finished off with a tiny strip of paper and a tab folded around the edge of the card. Use a stamp if you desire .  
Handy tip  
Sometimes with this technique only tiny sections of the pieces can be seen but this adds to the magical appeal.  In my opinion embellishing the inside really completes a card with style. 
These are such quick and easy cards with lots of dimension and texture.

 

Megs Garden Items used
Copper paper leaves
Leafy foliage diecut
P6326 - Christmas Music
P6329 - Christmas Berry Stripes

Other items
Deep purple cardstock
Kraft cardstock
Washi tape .
Flower.

hope you are inspired to pop over to Megs Garden and have a play with these enchanting papers. 


Now for my next case file over at CSI 

Double agent for case file #85
2Crafty/CSI 

CLICK HERE 



'BLING'



 Deryn Mentock artist and owner of Something Sublime, creates these magnificent , unique, earthy, Exquisite, creative original works of art.
Deryn kindly gave me permission to use some photographs of her spectacular jewellery.
 They make a heavenly subject for my scrapbooking pages.
Thanks so much Deryn, you are a doll.. hugz x
Deryn also has online classes , which sound like a lotta fun.
pop over to her blog to find out more.
CLICK HERE
film-strips
nellas frame
The nella frame is trimmed along one side to act as a flourish border. 
 I have inked with Turquoise Versa Color Ink, and applied some gesso . 
The remaining section of the nella frame is pictured below , where I repeated the same process
and poked it under the mounted photo .
 2Crafty chipboard pieces
frames-tiny-victorian 
( pictured above , altered with ink, crackle paste and the title and brad added ) 

EVIDENCE
tags, Numbers, metal, something clear(crackle paint) , frame, string 
TESTIMONY  
make a number list of interesting things about my photo.
Earthy
Spectacular
Sublime
exquisite
Breathtaking
Chunky 
 thanks for popping by and leaving me some words to warm my heart.
until next time 

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Your page is simply spectacular my friend! And your cards are just as delightful. Love the inside embellishing. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layering in your card is divine and your layout - wow! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo beautiful!! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! Gorgeous....both the card & that yummy turquoise creation of a page....& that jewellery......YUMMMMMY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two totally scrumptious pieces of art Heather. I so love the way you add all the layers and, as you said, although you may not see all of them they still add to the appeal. Looooove the card and looooove the layout ... just awesome!! (Have pinned them both) oxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card & a totally STUNNING layout Heather. You always leave me speechless. Both are so beautiful. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all your creations your certainly a master artist...I love the way you create the inside of your cards so so beautiful. The layout is magnificent , loved to be a fly on the wall watching you create...xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. both stunning work Heather, totally awesome, the colours are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so gorgeous and romantic and your lay-out is beautiful and grungy. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layout and the card you are a wizard when it comes to creating beautiful things. So many layers it is hard to know where to start... I can just look at your layouts for hours... trying to work out what you did and how :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super divine!!!! Kisses from Spain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are exquisite, the card is so pretty, I love all the dies you have used, and the layout... stunning.. so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Heather, both of these are stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a gorgeous card and lo. The card looks so rich with the deep hues and the lo is like.....wowzers....perfect lo and pic duo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That card is just stunning, so pretty.
    Your page, well just love the use of colour in this with just that touch of orange (I am finding orange so hard at the moment as it is in a lot of my DT palettes....so I must remember just that pop of orange instead).
    Simply beautiful work again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot get over how INCREDIBLE that layout looks Simply STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Heather, both card and LO are out of this world, pure magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That card is TRULY GORGEOUS... & that layout HOLY MOLY STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing card, truly magnificent, and your layout is stunning Heather, the detail amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heather these are both gorgeous, but that layout is a real showstopper. Just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, two amazing projects. I love all the layers and details on your card! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card and phenomenal LO!! I'm just in awe of your creations every single time!! they are truly magical and I can feel they come from divine inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete